At Healing Elements, we understand that unanticipated events occur in everyone’s life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling a massage appointment.
In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists’ time, we have adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE
Please arrive for your appointment 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (new clients), change and prepare for the service. All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a service. This gives the clinic enough time to fill the slot. If a client fails to cancel/reschedule with 24 hours notice they are responsible for 50% of the cancelled appointment. If a client fails to cancel/reschedule with 24 hours notice multiple times (2 or more) they will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original appointment fee will be charged.
NO CALL, NO SHOW POLICY
Clients who fail to show for appointments will be charged 100% of the missed appointment and may be asked to pre-pay for future services. It is important that our massage therapists are compensated for reserved time slots.
Other Massage Policies
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Healing Elements Massage Therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association or Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- Healing Elements Massage Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- Clients under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian consent and signature to receive any service. Children 15 years of age and younger should be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the therapy room.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a religious, political, private or sexual nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies Reiki is the perfect service. Limitations may apply.
If you have any questions on the above information, please direct them to the Healing Elements Owner at 260-355-7181
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Healing Elements’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Healing Elements’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Healing Elements at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Healing Elements’s web site are provided “as is”. Healing Elements makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Healing Elements does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Healing Elements or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Healing Elements’s Internet site, even if Healing Elements or a Healing Elements authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Healing Elements’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Healing Elements does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Healing Elements may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Healing Elements does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Healing Elements has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Healing Elements of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Healing Elements’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
TERMS OF ONLINE SALES
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
* Gift cards
* Downloadable software products
* Some health and personal care items